Social Media Risk Management Webinars Announced for August
Social Media Risk Management Series
Firestorm is pleased to announce the launch of our Social Media Risk Awareness Practice
The use of social networking is expanding at astounding rates. The demand created by savvy information seekers continuously drives the development of new opportunities to seek, share and receive information. Your employees, customers, vendors, brand advocates and brand detractors are using social networking. Statistics for July 2011 show:
- 20,000,000 users are registered on Google+ which has not yet formally launched to the public or for Business use. (Source: Google)
- 38,000,000 people in the US age 13 – 80 said their purchasing decisions are influenced by social media, a 14% increase in the past six months (Source: Knowledge Networks)
- 1,000,000 people view customer service related tweets every week, with 80% of them being critical or negative in nature (Source: TOA Technologies)
- 132.5 million people in the US will use Facebook this year; by 2013 the number will increase to 152.1 million (Source: eMarketer)
- 59% of Internet users use at least one social networking service, compared to 34 percent who did in 2008 (Source: Pew Internet)
- 176,000,000 US Internet users watched online video content in May 2011, an average of 15.9 hours per viewer(Source: comScore)
- 81 minutes was the average daily use of mobile apps in June 2011, compared to 74 minutes for the Web (Source: Flurry)
- 750,000,000 monthly active users for social networking giant Facebook, up from 500 million active monthly users last year (Source: TechCrunch)
- 12% of US adults had an e-book reader as of May 2011, up from 6% in November 2010 (Source: Pew Internet)
Beginning August 10th, 2011, Firestorm will launch the 1st of a four-part series covering the Social Media issues effecting your business today. Facilitated by Karen Masullo, Firestorm Expert Council member on Social Media, topics will include:
Space is limited.
Reserve your Free Webinar seat now for Sessions
This session will explore the various impacts of both positive and negative social media use on all aspects of an organization, with points to follow to begin the creation of your Social Media Predict. Plan. Perform.® Policy.
On Twitter? Use hashtag #FSSM
Other Sessions in our Social Media Risk Webinar Series
Who Owns Your Brand? – Everyone (AUGUST 17, 2011)
This session reviews recent brand hijacking issues that leverage Social Media, and walks through appropriate responses and predictive actions using the PREDICT. PLAN. PERFORM.® approach.
Creating an Organization-wide Social Media Policy – Risk & Reward (AUGUST 24, 2011)
From the one paragraph policies to the 60-page tomes, what policy is right for your organization? We’ll explore the various considerations your entire organization must consider when crafting a living, constantly evolving Social Media Policy.
Social Media- Emerging Technologies and Risk – Escalating Exposures (AUGUST 31, 2011)
This ongoing session will explore what’s new in Social Media each month – this month’s session will explore Google+ and video “hangouts”. Does your current policy cover these risks?
Karen Masullo is EVP, Social Media for Firestorm Solutions, LLC. In addition to serving as Firestorm Solution’s own in-house social media advisor, she also serves on the Firestorm Solutions Expert Council and delivers social media strategy and policy services for Firestorm clients.
As a Human Resource and Talent Management Innovation Technologist, with specific experience in social media marketing and emerging technologies, her passion and experience are focused on technology innovation from the customer point of view with drivers being extraordinary service in appropriate product use, policy development and training, risk mitigation, customer usability, and customer and community interaction. Read the rest of her BIO here.
|On Twitter||Firestorm Twitter|
|On Facebook||Firestorm Facebook|
|On LinkedIn||Firestorm LinkedIN|