Ken O’Dell appointed to Board of Directors of SEAOSC – Press Release
Ken O’Dell has been appointed to Board of Directors of SEAOSC, the Structural Engineers Association of Southern California.
Ken O’Dell, S.E, is a Partner with MHP Structural Engineers in Long Beach, California, and a Firestorm Business Partner.
“My interest and passion lies in helping promote the image of Structural Engineers beyond just being providers of boxy solutions. I think there is a huge opportunity to elevate/re-elevate the profession as far more exciting than “engineering”.”
Ken is looking forward to assisting SEAOSC’s newly formed committees to elevate the profession and collaborating with the 2013 Buildings At Risk Summit.
The Structural Engineers Association of Southern & Northern California (SEAOSC & SEAONC) will be hosting the third annual earthquake loss reduction summit – Buildings at Risk 2013 – on Tuesday October 8, 2013 at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles, California.
Who Should Attend:
This cross-disciplinary Summit will benefit diverse attendees:
- Public Officials will learn best practices for feasible and effective policy to build resilience.
- Building Owners and Managers will learn strategies to retain asset value and techniques to protect their tenants & investments.
- Owners of Institutional and Public Buildings will learn how to optimize their role in community-wide resilience through approaches to address building performance.
- Business Owners and Corporate Risk Managers will explore the relative effectiveness of continuity planning vs. location selection vs.insurance.
- Insurance Industry Representatives will gain insight for refining exposure and expanding offerings, while networking across industries.
- Emergency Managers & First Responders will gain insight for planning response, building preparedness, and prioritization of post-event resources.
- Engineers and Architects will gain the perspective of varied stakeholders.