Jim Satterfield in CIO Review – Disaster Recovery Special Edition
Firestorm President Jim Satterfield is pleased to have been asked to contribute to CIO Review‘s Disaster Recovery Special Edition.
Jim’s article, IT-DR Plans – A Critical Intersect with Business Continuity Recovery, appearing on pages 58-59, discusses the Firestorm unique PREDICT. PLAN. PERFORM.® process in designing business continuity programs and IT Disaster Recovery strategies, and plans tailored to each client’s individual situation, industry conditions and need. An effective program will identify an organization’s vulnerabilities – existing and potential – and institute procedures to monitor, plan, mitigate and train for impacts in the event of a crisis.
Comprehensive management and planning address these critical factors:
- Business Assessment (Business Impact Analysis)– A clear overview of all business critical information and process flows, with identification of critical recovery time-frames.
- In/Out/Across Analysis – Identifying critical dependencies to Information Technology, internal departments, external vendors, and key resources.
- Risk Assessment – Defining the enterprise’s potential exposure and tolerance for uncertainty.
- Enterprise-Wide Focus – A business continuity plan is NOT just an IT/network technology solution.
- Actionable Plans – Guiding the step by step process of actions and responsibilities through the plan execution.
- Training – Educating all employees about their roles and responsibilities, to the company and community.
- Maintenance – Preparedness is an ongoing process of vigilance and adaptation as your business environment evolves.
To view the full magazine, visit http://magazine.cioreview.com/October-2015/Disaster-Recovery/