Firestorm #TopJob: Director of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability – Nashville, TN
Director of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability
Job Posting #2975
Position: Director of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability
Location: Nashville, TN (relocation provided)
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene or equivalent 10+ years environmental, safety and health experience or; Masters’ in Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene plus 7 years’ experience. Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to manage and develop a team of professionals and work collaboratively across the enterprise to drive EHSS strategic initiatives
- Administer comprehensive OSHA and EPA Compliance Programs through Management Leadership & Teammate Involvement, Worksite Analysis, Hazard Prevention and Control, and Environmental Health and Safety Training
- Drive the operational implementation of EHSS strategies and initiatives in a way that builds a Company-wide culture of compliance, performance reputation
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the business unit’s EHSS function, including budget matters, supervision of teammates that report to this position, and internal /external communication
- Design and execute, working with Human Resources, Operations and others as appropriate, education, training awareness programs for teammates whose functions or responsibilities involve compliance with EHSS policies, laws or standards of conduct and ensures that all required training (OSHA, EPA, etc.) is completed
- Maintain an effective system for identifying, reporting, investigating, tracking, and trending incidents and taking action to ensure appropriate countermeasures are implemented
- Attend relevant industry conferences and professional meetings to maintain professional competencies and benchmark Company performance versus others; identify innovations and best practices and approaches and develop them to fit the Company.
- Validates on-site field audits to evaluate retail locations and provides continuous feedback for improvement
- Serve as EHSS Subject Matter Expert and coach others throughout Retail Operations
- Direct EHSS emergency response activities
- Provides guidance on regulatory/legislative matters (OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, EPA) and oversee government compliance inspections and activities.
- Develop written programs, procedures and policies to ensure compliance
- Promote and support the Business Unit’s Line-Driven Safety Process.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene or equivalent plus 10 years environmental, safety and health experience or; Masters’ in Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene plus 7 years’ experience.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to manage and develop a team of professionals and work collaboratively across the enterprise to drive EHSS strategic initiatives
- Leadership experience coordinating organization-wide EHS efforts and managing a professional team providing site-level EHS support for multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability in developing approach for business operations to reduce environmental risk and injury and create a superior safety, health and environmental performance culture and effective safety, health and environmental practices
- Leadership Multi-site experience Ability to think strategically and implement strategic programs/process
- Experience with automotive, retail, and/or manufacturing Manage a remote team System implementation desirable.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply this job https://www.firestorm.com/topjobs/
Please reference Job #2975
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens at [email protected]or 562-203-7300.
Posted On: Friday, April 13, 2018
Compensation: Will depend on experience