Firestorm #TopJob – Business Continuity Project Manager
Business Continuity Project Manager
Position: Business Continuity Project Manager
Location: Onsite – Corning, NY (non-local candidates will be considered)
Travel: 10-25% travel, domestic and international
Salary: Will depend on experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 5+ years business continuity program development experience within a publicity traded company (ies).
* Solid understanding of the ISO 22301 business continuity methodology.
* Experience implementing and/or using third-party BCMS or GRC software programs
The Senior Business Continuity Analyst will be an experienced business continuity practitioner who directly supports the continued build-out and administration of the clients’ enterprise-wide and business unit Business Continuity Management Systems. The goal of the clients’ Business Continuity program is to enable the company to continue delivery of key products and services following a disruption. This individual will champion the roll-out of the clients’ BCMS to all Business Units and supporting the enterprise-level program. This individual will be able to communicate the benefits and requirements of the clients’ BCMS in an achievable, approachable manner to non-BC professionals. The successful candidate will heavily influence the establishment and build-out of the clients’ Business Continuity Center of Excellence.
The scope of the position also includes administration of BCO-specific systems and databases and creating reports on key performance metrics. The successful candidate will work closely and effectively with various areas of the organization including senior functional representatives, senior business unit management, IT Risk, the Global Security Operations Center and other key process stakeholders. This position reports to the Manager, Business Continuity Office. The Business Continuity Office is part of the client’s Global Security’s Risk & Resiliency function.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- As a representative of the Business Continuity Office Headquarters function, independently lead projects to continue the launch of ISO 22301-consistent Business Continuity Management Systems throughout the clients’ Business Units.
- Work with business unit leadership and project managers to implement BCMS’ according to the client’s phased approach – project planning and kick-off; business impact analysis and risk assessment; business continuity strategy selection; plan development; training, awareness and exercising; and project closure.
- Identify and recommend appropriate business continuity strategies to respond to various loss scenarios.
- Onboard Business Unit Business Continuity Coordinators (“BC Coordinators”) to the clients’ business continuity processes, including advisement on the further build-out of their BCMS.
- Initiate and follow up with BC Coordinators on regular review of BIAs, Risk Assessments and Plans.
- Assist the business units and BC Coordinators in developing and running tabletop, semi-live and live exercises.
- Contribute to the execution and governance of the clients overarching enterprise Business Continuity Management System.
- Assist with the conceptualization, build-out and ongoing refreshes to the clients Business Continuity Center of Excellence, including SOPs, training, tools, templates and maturity assessments.
- Assist each business unit in use of a third party or in-house system to deploy and maintain their BCMS.
- Define and execute on plans for collecting and synthesizing key performance metrics to communicate program effectiveness.
- Prepare and present clear and succinct reports and presentations to various stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate with staff peers on BCMS linkage to the Corporate Crisis Response Procedure and process.
Required Education Requirements:
- Minimum of five years direct experience rolling out a business continuity program in a publicly traded company(ies), in an in-house or consulting role.
- Solid understanding of the ISO 22301 business continuity methodology.
- Proven expertise in business impact analysis (BIA)
- Strong functional grasp of IT Disaster Recovery and emergency/crisis management and their relationship to business continuity planning.
- Strong analytical skills and affinity for process rigor.
- Comfortable taking independent action with limited supervision.
- Able to effectively communicate project/initiative status, articulate roadblocks.
- Able to identify issues and opportunities for improvement, and recommend solutions.
- Manage work details accurately and efficiently while keeping “the big picture” in focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to various levels in the organization.
- Strong computer skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Required Soft Skills:
- Understand and adhere to the client’s values
- Eager to learn and continuously improve skills, knowledge and abilities
- Flexible, self-motivated, efficient • Holds high-performance standards as both an individual contributor and team member
- Comfortable communicating at various levels in a matrixed organization
- Good judgment and discernment with limited direct supervision
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience implementing and/or using third-party BCMS or GRC software programs
- Experience in manufacturing, industrial or retail industries
- Experience rolling out new initiatives internationally
- CBCP, ISO 22301 or other similar professional certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Five or more years working in a business continuity role
We will develop and socialize the business continuity plan. We will conduct a discussion-based exercise to validate recovery strategies once they are documented.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply this job https://www.firestorm.com/topjobs/
Please reference Job #2972
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens at [email protected] or 562-203-7300.