Firestorm #TopJob – Business Continuity Project Coordinator
New Job Posted: Business Continuity Project Coordinator
Direct-Hire, Oakland, CA
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2963
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Position: Business Continuity Project Coordinator
Location: Oakland, Ca
Reports to: Director Enterprise Crisis Management & Business Continuity
Salary: Depends on experience.
* Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
*2-3+ years business continuity planning experience.
*3-5+ years project management database support, activity reporting.
*Ability to develop and execute/track completion of project plans and initiatives with significant complexity under minimal supervision
This position is responsible for maintaining Business Continuity & Crisis Management systems and assisting the Business Continuity Program office with the development, maintenance testing of business continuity plans. Other activities including supporting maintenance of Emergency Operations Center plans, rosters and tools; monitoring for the global travel security program; and general administrative/project management tasks. Responsibilities include project management, database support, activity reporting, and some news/current event monitoring.
Support the business continuity program (50%)
- Maintain business continuity planning tools and database
- Assist plan owners/editors with database access, orientation, training/awareness and maintenance activity reminders
- Develop schedules and support implementation of recurring Business Continuity training/awareness/exercising activities to ensure that business continuity teams are trained and proficient in implementing the business continuity plans
- Track, analyze and report resiliency metrics and prepare BCP scorecard
- Aggregate, evaluate and report on existing business continuity plan development and compliance
- Onboard/offboard new team leaders, alternate team leaders and stakeholders
- Administer and manage content on the Business Continuity web site
- Serve as an advocate and promote awareness of the crisis management & business continuity program throughout the enterprise
- Support the team in the conduct of quarterly plan reviews and exercises
- Maintain, update and organize all program documentation
Support Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and GO Emergency Response team member readiness (35%)
- Assist with the planning and execution of EOC exercises
- Maintain team rosters, onboard and off board team members
- Coordinate new member training and support activities
- Maintain and distribute hard and soft-copy EOC reference materials
- Maintain GO specific plans
- Arrange and conduct EOC pre-exercise binder update workshops
Maintain emergency notification and reporting tools (10%)
- Ensures Crisis Management and BCP activation and notification processes and tools are exercised and available for immediate use
- Maintain emergency contact lists
- Track roll out/testing of emergency notification across the enterprise
- Manage monthly testing of companies reporting hotline
- Manage quarterly testing of Emergency Operations Center (EOC) telephones in Pleasanton and Bentonville locations
- Maintain emergency notification system documentation, update training materials/instruction guides with system upgrades, schedule quarterly testing, and distribute approved messages when necessary
Monitoring and tracking activities (5%)
- Track key information sources (U.S. Department of State, UK’s Foreign Commonwealth Office, National Hurricane Center, etc.) for new or revised information
Other duties as assigned.
Years and Type of Experience:
- Business Continuity and/or Crisis Management experience (desired)
- CPG industry (desired)
- Strong computer skills and knowledge.
- Proven expertise and mastery with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strong attention to detail
Excellent communication skills, including oral presentations and written communications
Excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
BC Management was recently acquired by Novume/Firestorm Solutions LLC as such, our email has changed.
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – Firestorm – BC Management