Firestorm #TOPJob – Emergency Response Manager
Emergency Response Manager
Job Posting #2973
Position: Business Resumption Manager
Location: Chicago, IL – (relocation assistance available)
Industry: Professional Services/ Insurance Risk
Travel: 30-40% travel, domestic
Salary: Will depend on experience
Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
Bachelor Degree (Emergency Management, or related field)
Knowledge of Disaster Management standards (ex. NFPA 1600) a plus
4+ years of relevant experience
Experience managing large-scale response/recovery required
The client has an exciting opportunity to enhance your career as an Emergency Response Manager, outsourced to one of their clients who is a professional services and investment management firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. The position is integrated within one of the risk management group reporting to the client’s Global Risk Manager.
This role will work across the client’s enterprise to coordinate the company’s planning, management and response to major disasters in the Americas region. The Emergency Response Manager is accountable for the overall preparation, training and maintenance of the client’s emergency response program and associated documentation of such, to ensure timely, programmatic and flexible response to disasters that impact personnel, business continuity, and the services we provide to our clients. Specific emergency management work includes managing, and coordinating with business units and platform functional areas, the recovery efforts from intentional and/or unintentional crises, disasters, other humanitarian emergencies, hazards, or natural and manmade/technological incidents. This role will report to the Global Risk Manager.
Coordinate, develop, implement and maintain Emergency Response Program (EMP) playbooks and contingency plans.
Provide complex project leadership in the event of an emergency coordinating appropriate response teams (e.g. HSSE, HR, SCMP, Legal, Finance and Risk Management, Communications, etc.).
Communicate and implement emergency response policies, procedures, plans and outcomes with each business unit and functional area, through playbooks, tabletop exercises, critical information management and training.
Serve as liaison with external organizations to ensure the client has visibility into incidents, external efforts and opportunities to leverage those efforts in support of the client’s objectives.
Serve as liaison with internal departments, functional areas and business units to ensure the client’s Emergency Response Program is positioned in alignment with our culture, values and corporate strategy.
Travel is required and may include periodic travel to disaster-impacted areas to complete surveys/assessments and provide face-to-face support and leadership for humanitarian aid and other emergency response efforts.
- Bachelor Degree (Emergency Management, or related field)
- Knowledge of Disaster Management standards (ex. NFPA 1600) a plus
- Completion of FEMA’s Professional Development Series is a plus
- 4+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience managing large scale response/recovery required
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and listening skills
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to adhere to schedules and budgets in complicated projects
- Experience working in the professional services sector a plus
- Understanding of risk management/mitigation issues
- Strong utility player with proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across internal business partners
- Demonstrated financial rigor, strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Make decisions effectively with cross-functional team members and effectively manage the delivery of outcomes.
- Conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative solutions to complex business challenges
- Multitask in a fast-paced setting
- Work independently, but in a team environment
- Lead through influence rather than authority
- Experience working in a technology-driven environment
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, the client colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the client’s Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at the client and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – Firestorm People Solutions at [email protected] or 562-203-7300.