Firestorm Privacy Statement
Firestorm is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of our website.
This policy may change without prior notice.
Firestorm is committed to handling information responsibly and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Firestorm is a Crisis and Risk Management consulting firm and provides Services to private and enterprise customers. Firestorm operates a website (“Site”) at firestorm.com and also conducts periodic Surveys to produce industry Studies.
We only collect personal information required to:
- fulfill the contract with our customers,
- comply with applicable laws and regulations,
- protect our rights.
Information we collect
Firestorm may collect the following information:
- User information: Users may provide information such as an email address, a name, a company name, a job title or similar in order to register for one of our Services or Thought Leadership Resources.
- Billing information: For users who turn into paying customers, our payment service provider may collect and store billing addresses and credit card information on our behalf.
- Usage information: To maintain and improve our Services we may collect aggregate usage statistics.
- Browser data: We may collect a standard website visitor information supplied by your browser (e.g. your operating system, the browser you are using, IP addresses, language settings). This information is dependent of the type of the device, browser and the settings you are using.
- Third party data: We may receive information by third-party to make our own information better or more useful. Such information could be on an aggregated level to measure the impact of our online marketing or email campaigns.
How do we use the collected information
Firestorm may use collected information to provide our Services to the customer and to continuously improve our services. From time-to-time, Firestorm may publicly release aggregated statistics, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Sites or for participants of our Studies and Surveys. Firestorm engages trusted third-parties that provide parts of Services on behalf of Firestorm (e.g. functionality of a Study that you may make use of on our Sites).
How do we protect personal information
Firestorm discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Firestorm’s behalf or to provide services available at Firestorm’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Firestorm’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Firestorm will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Firestorm discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Firestorm believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Firestorm, third parties or the public at large. If you are a opt-in user of the Firestorm website and newsletter and have supplied your email address, Firestorm may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new initiatives, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Firestorm and our services.
Firestorm takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Firestorm, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Firestorm goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Firestorm may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Outside of the European Union
We make sure that personal data transferred outside of the EU is handled by trustworthy vendors. Vendors are regularly examined, and individual data processing agreements are signed.
You may always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
You may correct the personal information in your account using our Site feedback and commenting mechanisms.
You may always request to delete your personal information (see contact details below).
Information Relating to Children
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of thirteen. If we learn that we may have received information from someone under the age of thirteen, we will take reasonable measures to remove the information.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 800-321-2219 or e-mail us at [email protected].