Linda B. Laun, AFBCI, CBCP, EVP Consulting Services
Linda B. Laun currently serves as the Executive Vice President, Consulting Services with Firestorm. An award winning, certified (AFBCI, CBCP) program manager and consultant, she has successfully performed every facet of the resilience process for many small to large businesses across virtually every industry around the globe. She passionately leads businesses to mitigate risk, protect brand reputation, and confidently respond to business interruptions by creatively architecting and implementing strong business continuity, IT recovery and crisis response programs. As the EVP, Consulting Solutions for Firestorm, Linda is responsible for the development of standards and methodology, the oversight of delivery excellence and the creation of custom solutions for Firestorm clients.
Prior to joining Firestorm in 2017, Linda was employed by the IBM Corporation for 17 years. As a global Consultant she served as advisor, thought leader, and motivator for clients around the world helping build strong enterprise-wide business continuity programs. She performed numerous business impact and risk assessments, resilient architecture designs, and developed business and data center continuity plans and tests.
Linda is a results driven, client focused professional. Her accomplishments include developing and implementing global policies, procedures, standardized work products, and education programs. She’s a recognized expert at driving requirements gathering through enterprise risk, impact, and threat analyses creating compelling business cases for executives to act. Clients know her as a trusted advisor to business line executives, management and technologists, guiding multiple teams through confidently executing continuity policy. Before joining IBM she created BCM programs for the second-largest credit card processor and a major beverage producer in Kentucky.
Most recently, her work spearheaded IBM’s global business continuity management (BCM) transformation by standardizing and simplifying BCM practices across 10 diverse business units operating in 175 countries. Linda was responsible for architecting and continually improving IBM’s Global Business Continuity Management System that helps ensure IBM’s 380,000 employees in 175 countries remain ready to stay productive and serve their customers. This accomplishment resulted in the her selection as Business Continuity Institute’s (BCI) North American and Global Continuity and Resiliency Professional (private sector) of the Year.
Additional accomplishments include
- Directed 20+ global businesses in identifying gaps and strengthening enterprise BCM programs
- Led and contributed to dozens of technical recovery assessments and resilience architecture design engagements for a wide range of technical architectures
- Created global event response management process; managed hurricane response command and control
- Awarded North America and Global Business Continuity Professional of the Year (Private Sector) by the Business Continuity Institute in 2016
- Achieved Associate Fellow Business Continuity Institute (AFBCI), Business Continuity Institute and is one of 80 globally.
- Named Senior Technical Staff Member by IBM a recognition awarded to only the top 1% of IBM technical professionals globally
- Delivered on time, under budget BCM consulting projects with over 50 “very satisfied” national and international engagements
- Managed worldwide consulting portfolio, authoring 15 continuity and recovery methods used by 300+ worldwide consultants
- Enabled 1200+ authors in 400+ global locations to create and test 1300 business continuity plans
- Requested public speaker with 15+ international industry conference appearances, 50+ training events, avid author and blogger