Crisis and Disaster Preparedness
Jay Rosenblatt is a partner in the law firm SimpsonWigle Law LLP, where he is engaged in a Business Law practice, counseling Business Owners, Board Members, Senior Management and Municipalities.
Jay has a special focus on Business Continuity, Disaster Management, and Emergency Preparedness, and has developed a unique Legal Risk Assessment Matrix, which assists him in his legal risk assessments and related services.
Jay is a member of the Board of Directors for the Canadian Centre for Emergency Preparedness (www.ccep.ca), his local Emergency Preparedness Advisory Committee (EPAC) and has been retained by a large International Pharmaceutical Company to provide support on Legal Risks and Pandemic Planning.
Jay is a sought after speaker, having delivered numerous presentations at North American Business Continuity and Disaster Management Conferences on Legal Risk Management, Supply Chain Risk Management, Human Resource Risk Management and Due Diligence.
His community involvements have included over 17 years with Hamilton Crime Stoppers of Hamilton (having served as its Chair for 2 years), Board, Ontario Association of Crime Stoppers, member, Hamilton International Airport Community Advisory Board, Board of Directors, Malloch Foundation, Member Hamilton’s Emergency Preparedness Advisory Committee (EPAC), founder, the Golden Horseshoe Venture Forum, and legal counsel to the Ontario Association of Emergency Managers (OAEM).
Recent Speaking Engagements:
• FEMA/Homeland Security Annual Training Conference, 2009
• The Conference Board of Canada’s Council on Emergency Management, 2009
• Supply Chain & Logistics Association Annual Conference, 2009
• Human Resource Professionals Association’s (HRPA) Annual Conference in Toronto, 2010
• World Conference on Disaster Management in Toronto, 2010
• Guest Lecturer at MIT in August, 2010.
Jay has also spoken at:
• DJB Professional Development Series: Legal Risk Management
• Ontario Hospital Association, Organizational Resiliency Conference in Toronto
• Hoffman LaRoche, Legal Issues & Risks Related to Business/Emergency Preparedness & Pandemic Influenza
• HSBC Bank Canada, Legal Issues & Risks Related to Business/Emergency Preparedness
• IDRC, Davos, 2008, speaker invitee
• DRJ Conference, San Diego, 2006
• Canadian Institute’s Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Conference
• Ontario Association of Emergency Managers (OAEM) Workshop, 2007
• 27th McMaster University World Congress Conference, 2006, Legal & Liability Issues
• EPICC Disaster Management Conference, 2006
• 3N Online/Continuity Insights: Pandemic C