Cyber security threats are continuously increasing. Is your organization prepared?
Firestorm President, COO and Co-Founder, Jim Satterfield, will present the Keynote address at the University of Alabama Cyberforce Security: Risk & Mitigation event. Jim’s address will be from 12-12:45 p.m., but the full event lasts from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The event, scheduled for January 21, 2016, will be held at the Bryant Conference Center on the campus of the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL.
The one-day course will provide a basic-level of understanding of cybersecurity, risks, and related issues for C-level executives so that they may address their responsibilities. This course focuses on vulnerabilities, the inevitability of cyber- attacks, and the corporate and legal responsibilities that senior officers must manage to mitigate the risk.
- Introduction to cyber security, including definitions and the technical foundation of why systems cannot be made completely secure
- Introduction to historical and current threats, including an analysis of weapons, actors and motivations spread across cybercrime, cyberespionage and cyberwarfare.
- Risk management which addresses corporate cyber responsibility and risk, including assessing cyber value and risk, and quantifying that risk so it can be managed.
Key Points of the day include:
- Cyber risk mitigation should be part of the broader risk mitigation framework of a business
- Cyber problems should not be the province of the IT department, but should be raised to the CEO, board, and operating officer level
- Technology, processes and people form a basic foundation for cyber mitigation
- The mitigation plan must include full knowledge of what is running on one’s system and who has access to what
- Emphasis on third-party access to systems
- Baseline protections in place
- Plans for responding to cyber breaches
Register for the event by calling 205-348-3000; 1-866-432-2015 or online here.