The presentation, Preventing and Responding to a Health Care Data Breach, will explore the decisions a data breach response team must make and the reputational impacts related to those decisions by walking through the progression of a real life data breach.
Attendees will learn:
- Who should be part of an organization’s response team
- When and how an organization should know when it is involved in a data breach
- When should the response team be mobilized
- What actions should be taken in response to the different progressions of a data breach • how to develop internal and external messaging for constituents
- How to address media inquiries
- What are the legal implications of the breach
- When should outside consultants be brought in to assist
About the Pennsylvania Board Institute
The continuing legal education arm of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, PBI is a fully self-supporting nonprofit organization. We receive no portion of bar dues, and no government subsidies. Revenue from course tuition and the sale of our books and media is used to meet the costs of producing these services and the costs of operation, and is reinvested in planning and developing new programs, publications, and other services.